The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) and Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) programs encourage academic excellence at Ontario’s publicly funded universities. The Ontario government and participating institutions jointly fund both programs. The government contributes two-thirds of the award value, while the university contributes the remaining one-third.
Application deadline: September 30, 2022, 4:00 p.m. (ET)
International, Permanent Residents, and Domestic Residents are all eligible.
Scholarships are limited in number.
Scholarship Value: Each OGS and QEII-GSST scholarship is worth up to $15,000 per year. The award is $5,000 per term for a total of two or three terms.
Eligibility for 2023 OGS / Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship at University of Waterloo – Canada:
- Applicants must be international students in Ontario with a student study permit issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada). Before funds are released to successful OGS International recipients who are residing outside of Canada due to COVID-19, they must show either proof of an existing study permit or an in-progress study permit application.
- Applicants must have earned a first-class grade point average (minimum of A-/80%) in EACH of the last two years of study (full-time equivalent).
- By the fall 2021 term, applicants must be enrolled in a graduate program (or on an approved inactive term from their graduate program).
How to Apply for 2023 OGS / Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship at University of Waterloo – Canada:
- To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit an OGS/QEII-GSST application. Students must only submit one application to be considered for both OGS and QEII-GSST.
- By the appropriate submission deadline, the application must be emailed to the proposed department’s graduate co-ordinator (see Step 2).
For More Information, Go To The Scholarship Website.