Applications for the American University of Cairo (AUC) Education Fellowships 2020 for International Students are now open.
Recognizing the challenges that Egypt and the region face, the Graduate School of Education (GSE) contributes to education reform by providing the theoretical, applied, and technical assistance components required to build the capacity of professionals in the education system applying to the Master of Arts in international and comparative education and Educational Leadership (MA) with concentrations in School Leadership and Higher Education. In addition to partial tuition support, the highly competitive GSE fellowship will allow students to collaborate with a faculty member on research and other professional projects.
About American University in Cairo (AUC)
AUC, founded in 1919, is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and a focal point of Arab intellectual, social, and cultural life. More than 60 countries are represented among its students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni, and other generous sponsors. The University serves as a cultural crossroads and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate, and understanding across a wide range of languages, facilities, and human experiences.
About auc Scholarships for International Students
Annually, AUC Consortium DDEP Scholarships are given to current Dual Degree Engineering students. Industry, private foundations, and program graduates provide all scholarship funds. Tuition and fees only scholarships, room and board only scholarships, book allowance only scholarships, and full tuition, fees, room and board, and books scholarships are available.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement as well as financial need (minimum grade point averages range from 2.5 to 3.5, depending on the sponsoring donor).
- The continuation of scholarship support is contingent on:
- Each semester/quarter, demonstrate academic progress toward the engineering degree.
- Meeting the sponsoring organization’s minimum grade point average requirements.
- The sponsoring organization’s funding will be maintained.
- Completion of the AUC Consortium DDEP requirements.
The Purpose and Benefits of the AUC Masters Scholarship
The fellowship includes:
- Tuition fees, up to three credits per semester
- Remedial English and prerequisite courses may be covered.
AUC Masters Scholarship Requirements Qualification
- Every nationality
- satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements for new graduate degree-seeking students
- Acceptance to the Master of Arts program in international and comparative education
- For continuing students, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 to keep the fellowship. Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience
- Students must enroll in at least two graduate courses.
- Financial requirement
Fellows’ Responsibilities at auc Scholarships for International Students
- Fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work to supplement their professional training.
- This work is intended to conduct research in support of GSE scholarly interests, as well as to provide fellows with professional development and research mentorship.
- If the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties, he or she must complete a teaching assistantship mandatory training. The training must be completed only once. For more information on teaching assistantships, click here.
How to Apply for auc Scholarships for International Students
Interested and qualified? Go to American University in Cairo (AUC) on shibboleth-idp.collegenet.com to apply